Thursday, July 30, 2015

Journey with an Image (Day 3)

Hey There My Budding Choreographers and Friends!

How's your journey with your image going? Are you seeing any patterns in your writing? Let me know if anything is surprising you? Make sure you are documenting these surprises and patterns. My image seems to be reflecting my desire to be stranded on a tropical island. Rest assured your journal entries do not have to tell a story. Just write down anything that comes to mind. It can be single words or even phrases that make no sense. Remember try not to judge your thoughts. Every word has a value. Saturday will be here before we know it :)

Don't forget we will be enjoying a dance party warm up Saturday/your request. I'd like to make up a playlist of your favorite songs. Please leave your requests (artist name and song title) in the comment section or email me before class on Saturday. Anyone is welcome to leave a song request even if you can't come to class.

And now back to my image journaling:

Walk swiftly across this island. Booming crashes of feet with sticks in hand I go. My eyes can see forever. The water here is so glass like it's as if I could walk straight across it and shake hands with the sun. Pale blue skies and peaceful thoughts interrupted with anxiety and hopes of rescue come. My feet enjoy the cool damp soil of this place. No trees in sight just big grandmother rocks and waves of water.

Diving deep into the water. It's colder than I expected. As the water consumes my body, I feel like a paint brush being rinsed in a paper cup. I am tiny now. Salt water taste and tiny bubbles of oxygen float up. I have to return to the surface breaking through the glass ceiling like a dolphin. Searching. Sun, high up in the sky. Pulling my belly up on banks of mudd. Tiny pebbles make their home between my toes. Reflections, random thoughts and wet hair are my companions as I stand up, turn around and face the water. Yes, I need to take a drink. My mouth leads the charge as I dip my face into the sea for a taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment