Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Journey with an Image (Day 1)

Hello Out there!

As I stated in Sunday's  (7/26/15) post, here is my image study or "assignment" you might say. Please see my image below and stay tuned over the next 5 days as I will write a little bit about this image each day:

Day 1:

For what seems like days I've been floating on this raft. The sun is so hot all I can smell is sunscreen mixed with polyurethane and a hint of perspiration. What a wouldn't give for pinacolada right now. The wind is slowing carrying me across the water. I am a feather blowing across a sidewalk on a crisp fall day. Relaxed and full of possibility. The water is so blue or is it black? Wait...it might be green. I am laying on my back staring at frothy cappuccino like clouds. I raise my arms up over my head and breath in the salty sea air. There is nothing but stillness. All consuming nothingness as far as my eyes can see. My mind is quietly reeling in the background sifting through memories. I see old friends and family. New friends with their awkward smiles and blank stares. My desk at work mixed with images of traffic and other random acts of chaos. I am wearing a white linen short set and classic Raybans. I can feel my chapstick in my pocket as it rubs against my hip. I am just floating and hoping asking every kind wave for a little knudge forward...

Stay tuned for day two folks. I hope you'll join me on your own journey with an image. Tell me how your journey is going by posting a comment or two.

Take care until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment